The European Institute of Oncology (IEO) is a Comprehensive Cancer Center, with a strong commitment to excellence in clinical care as well as basic and applied research. It is the largest Cancer Center in Northern Italy, serving more than 30,000 patients per year and its research department is part of the EU-LIFE alliance, which includes 15 European leading research centers in life sciences.
The IEO is now launching a novel patient-screening program that includes the creation of a technology platform to collect, share and analyze clinical and scientific data, including omic and EMR data, clinical imaging and radiomics, patient-reported data. Main emphasis will be on mining of non-structured data and AI-based data analytics.
In the context of this program, we are now seeking two motivated data engineers for the IT-infrastructure of this project: i) a senior engineer for the position of Team coordinator, and ii) a young engineer for the position of Team Member. Their main responsibility will be to set up a technology platform to collect, share and analyze clinical and scientific data originating from different sources.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, or relevant field.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills, experience in quantitative analysis and statistical modelling.
- Practical knowledge of data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data; environments/PIG, HIVE, Impala).
- Familiarity with BI reporting tools and/or with data platforms (i.e. Spark, Hadoop, etc.).
- Familiarity with data ingestion techniques/tools.
- Experience within process management and improvement methodologies.
- Modeling and development experience in data management and distributed architectures and use of frameworks such as HDFS, Kafka, Cassandra, Kubernetes.
- Experience in the development of applications for the management and scalability of Big Data Projects.
- Experience of software development in collaborative environments (Jira, Confluence, GIT).
- Experience with continuous integration, unit-testing, integration-testing, infrastructure as code.
- Experience in writing and maintaining documentation for data management and software development.
- Strong interest in the application of big data solutions to the healthcare domain.
- Experience in team working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in team management and basic experience in project management.
- Ability to work well under pressure and achieve results within the scheduled time-frame.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
If you would like to informally discuss these positions, please contact the Director of Research, Professor Pier Giuseppe Pelicci (email@example.com). These informal enquiries will be treated in strict confidence.
The application must include:
- Complete CV.
- Concise description of specific competence and previous experience in the field of this announcement.
- Name and e-mail address of at least two referees.
The job location will be in Milan, c/o IEO 435,via Ripamont and 16, via Adamello.
The job contracts will be permanent.
The closing date for applications is January 31st, 2022.
IEO is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.